Use this tab to customize HTTP error messages that are sent to clients when web server errors occur. It is possible
to use generic default HTTP 1.1 errors, detailed custom error files that IIS provides, or create your own custom error files.
Step to reach the following page:
1. Log into your WebsitePanel control panel via http://cp.domain.com.
2. Under Web & Application category, select Web Sites.
3. Next, you may select your domain such as “domain.com”.
4. Move on, first you have to go to Custom Errors in Web Site Properties page and press
Add Custom Error. After the form popup, you have to fill in the required information.
5. Finally, press Save Changes or Save Changes and Exit to complete the process.
Code - all custom error messages display industry-standard HTTP codes, which ensure consistency with HTTP 1.1 error messages. You do not need to change this setting.
Sub Code - displays the Sub Code associated with HTTP Error Codes and does not require any change in normal settings.
Handler Type - the web interface allows you to have your own custom page for different HTTP error codes:
(1) File - type the location of the file mapped to the custom error. It is usually your home location , where you place your files/folders, provided by the web host.
(2) Redirect - to map the custom error to a URL, select URL and enter the path to the URL beginning with the virtual directory name, for example /virdir1/errors/404.htm
Error Content - displays the Redirect/File location, depending upon Handler Type selection.